Have you ever asked this question – why do people fail in network marketing? If you knew the answer to this it would not only help your network marketing business but you would be able to help others who are also struggling, especially your downline.
Is Network Marketing for you?
Before you read this blog I went you to consider this ….. network marketing is a social activity. You need to be able to interact with people. If this is very difficult for you or you just aren't interested in doing that, it's fine to say that this isn't the business for you. There is nothing wrong with deciding that a business is not a good fit for you personally. Please don't go ahead and try it anyhow and then blame the industry. If you had a fear of heights you wouldn't try to become a pilot and then blame the aviation industry when you aren't successful.
How do you Overcome Some of the Common Reasons for Failure?
- You Don't Know What to Do – The solution to this situation is to go out and learn what you need to do. Don't get overwhelmed. You don't need to learn all of it in one day. Look at the successful network marketers – Eric Worre, Ray and Jessica Higdon. They didn't get all of their skills in a day, week or month. They've spent years getting to where they are. And you know what? I can guarantee you that they haven't stopped learning and that they won't.
- Your Company Isn't Any Good – First of all, before you select a company do some research on the company. What are the products? What is the compensation plan? How is it run? Will you have adequate support? This could be another topic altogether. However, in spite of all of this, you might not select the perfect company for you off the bat. If that happens, look for a better company. There are lots of them out there. Just a word of caution – don't always use this as an excuse why you aren't succeeding. You can't blame the company if you aren't doing your fair share of learning, developing and working your business.
- You Try it for a Bit and Lose Focus – If you want to try network marketing you need to commit to it. Saying things like – I'll try it for a certain length of time and then decide or if I'm not at this point by x is giving yourself a way out. If you want to be a network marketer commit yourself to doing what needs to be done to be a success – make the connections, work on your mindset, take the actions that you need to take. It might seem scary or overwhelming at first but just tackle things one at a time and you will grow and develop as a network marketer.
- You Don't Have Anyone to Talk to About Your Business – Network marketers like to use the term “warm market” which means family, friends and contacts that you know. While it's nice to have a large warm market that can help you get started in the business we aren't all that fortunate. Successful network marketers learn how to expand their business by meeting and connecting with new people. The accessibility to social media has made this a lot easier to do.
- You Have No Support Team – While this can make it harder for network marketers, it is still possible to build a team. You can look for coaches or mentors within your company if your upline is not supportive. You can also hire a coach or a mentor from outside your company if you wish. There are groups for network marketers that you can join and get support.
The bottom line in network marketing is that you are the one responsible for your success. There will be challenges along the way. There will be good days and there will be bad days. If you're determined to be a success you will face a challenge with the mindset of – what do I have to do or to learn in order to move past this challenge?
I hope that this gives you another perspective on the road blocks along the path to success as a network marketer.
Please feel free to leave a comment below. I'd love to hear what you think of this blog post.